Hello, LIT students! Before we start talking about books and literature you´ll have to define yourself as a reader. What type of reader are you?
what kind of books do you (don’t) enjoy reading ?…
what genres do you prefer/hate ?
Your reading habits (in bed? do you always carry a book with you? how do you choose your books? do you read the end before starting?are you a bookworm? do you buy or rather borrow books? …)
your favourite author ? why he/ she is your favourite author ?
During the oral exam, you´ll have to present a notion along with a key question and your documents, but be prepared to present yourself as a reader.
Here are the notions you will study :
- Je de l’écrivain et jeu de l’écriture : The I of The Writer And Writing As A Game / Writers and Writing./The Eye and the I /The Author’s Voice, The Author’s Playing With Language / The Voice of the Writer-Playing with Words / The I of The Writer And The Writer’s Eye.
- La rencontre avec l’autre, l’amour, l’amitié : Meeting The Other, Love And Friendship / Meeting Others, Love And Friendship / The Other in Literature/ Meeting Other People, Love and Friendship / Encountering Other(s), Love and Friendship.
- Le personnage, ses figures et ses avatars : Characters And Their Representations / Characters And Their Transformation / Characters: From Evolution to Metamorphosis.
- L’écrivain dans son siècle : The Writer And His-Her Century / Writers In Their Century /The Writer Within His- Her century / The Writer In His-Her Time / The Writer In His Century.
- Voyage, parcours initiatique, exil : Travelling, Initiation Stories, Exile(s) / Travels, Initiatory Journeys, Exile / Travels, Journeys of Self-Discovery, Exile(s).
- L’imaginaire : Imagination / Imaginary worlds /(Flights of )Fancy / The World of Imagination / Imagination At Work. / The World Of Make-Believe.
- Comment traduire le mot dossier : a folder, a file, a portfolio